Flexseal Pipe Couplings
Flexseal has been manufacturing and providing a variety of solutions to the civils and drainage sectors for more than 30 years. With this has come a desire to provide effective solutions that streamline the repair and refurbishment of drainage and sewer pipelines. Their products consist of high quality and their service has set them apart. Their goal is to ensure that every level of the supply chain benefits from innovation and value.
Flexseal Drain Couplings are also known as couplers and they are drainage pipe connectors that are simple to use and install. Made to connect two pipes of matching or similar outside diameters, they provide the following benefits:
● Simple fitting
● Versatile and flexible
● Watertight and airtight connection
● Connect plain ended pipes
● Carry out repairs on existing pipe systems
● Cost-effective solution for unadopted drainage pipes
Shear Banded Couplings
Offering an extensive range of Shear Banded Couplings, Flexseal has transformed the way in which pipes are repaired. They are designed to connect and repair pipes found in adopted sewer and drainage applications.
Water companies in the UK are required to use Shear Banded Couplings when connecting onto their assets and it is part of the Water Industry Specification (WIS) 4-41-01. They offer:
● Ability to handle internal pressure of a maximum of 2.5 bar
● Pipe displacement is prevented with stainless steel shear band
● Reduces the amount of excavating required
● Approved to WIS 4-41-01
● Approved to BS EN 681-1:1996, BS EN 295-4:2013 & BS EN 10088-2:1995
Flexseal Adaptor Couplings
Flexseal Adaptor Couplings are also known as reducer couplings and are used when connecting unadopted drainage pipes that have outside diameters of different sizes, making it possible to connect larger pipes and smaller pipes. They consist of three components including a one-stepped moulded EPDM rubber body and two stainless steel clamp bands.
They can be easily tightened using a nut driver and torque wrench creating an airtight and watertight seal that is permanent. The benefits are:
● Quick solution for joining different sized pipes
● Reliable and fully-tested
● Range of sizes available to suit a range of pipe configurations.
Flexseal Rubber Plumbing Couplings
Rubber Plumbing Couplings are suitable for connecting pipe systems that would usually be considered incompatible. This makes it possible for plumbers to carry out repair work with ease. They are available for straight connections, adaptor connections, elbows and tees, while there is a selection of end caps available.
They are designed with EPDM and consist of two stainless steel clamp bands that offer an exceptional level of performance while they are simple to install using a nut driver or flat head screwdriver. Their benefits are:
● Fast and efficient installation
● Creates a flexible seal that is both airtight and watertight
● Can be used on any pipe material
● Perfect for incompatible pipe systems.
Icon Internal Mechanical Couplings
Offering a range of solutions for water companies, the Icon Mechanical Couplings are designed with a durable stainless steel body that provides a high level of resistance to vertical shear loads which ensures that the pipe alignment over the joint is protected.
They are inserted into the pipes before being connected and tightened externally using a standard 8mm hex head screw bit. Once tightened, the rubber sleeves are compressed by the expanding stainless steel body, helping to press it against the internal surface of the pipes, creating a watertight seal.
● Reduce the time it takes to connect problem pipes
● Creates a watertight seal and connection on pipes of any material
● External surface pipe doesn’t need to be exposed
● Suitable for connecting pipes of different outside diameters.
● Correct installation is indicated by a pipe stop, which can be seen when it sits flush to the end of the pipe
● All pressure tests are passed
● Shear load protection is provided
Flexseal Icon Internal Pushfit Couplings
The range of pushfit couplings comes in a range of sizes to suit the pipes that are being connected. They provide a simple connection solution that involves cleaning the internal surface of the pipes before pushing the coupling into the pipe with the problem. The connecting pipe is then fitted over the other end, creating a friction fit that is reliable, strong and durable.
● Significantly reduces labour time for connecting problem pipes
● Watertight connection on any pipe material
● Connects pipes of differing or irregular outside diameters
● No need to expose external surface of pipe
● Pipe stop indicates that the product is properly installed, when it is flush to the pipe end
● Passes pressure tests
● Provides shear load protection
● The whole range conforms to the requirements of BS EN 295-4:2013
Flexseal Magnum Wrap Around Couplings
With a 370mm width, the Flexseal Magnum Couplings provide an exceptional level of flexibility. The increased width provides a greater level of tolerance when cutting pipe ends, providing more freedom of movement when it comes to ground settlement. They can also handle pressures of a maximum of 4 bar although this does depend on the diameter. They are available with diameters ranging from 300mm to 3000mm+ and they are ideal for the connection of pipes of any material.
They are manufactured from EN681-1 EPDM rubber and have Grade 1.4301 (304) stainless steel clamps and shear bands. The benefits are:
● The larger width make on-site installation simple and efficient
● Delivers exceptional performance on pipelines with a large diameter
● Provides higher tolerance of pipe movement
● As a result of increased tolerance on pipe ends, on-site cutting is easier
● Improves angular deflection where the connection is made
Enhanced pressure rating for most diameters.